© 2014 Esin Gunduz. (©2011 On Texts of Wisdom.)
For Bb trumpet, French horn, trombone and recorded voices.
Contact for the score!
… on the breath within the old texts of wisdom that are originated from Anatolia (the Mother-land):
- “Dinlemeden anladık? Before listening, we understood?
Anlamadan eyledik, Before understanding, we acted upon it,
Gerçek erin bu yolda, The real man’s assets in this road,
Yokluktur sermayesi. Is nothing.”
by Yunus Emre, 13th century (in Turkish)
- “Rüzgar eken fırtına biçer. One who plants wind, harvests storm.” Proverb (Turkish).
- “Bu edgü ağış teg ağır agguka, Good is like climbing a steep road it is hard to attain, Yavuz neng iniş ol uçuz bulğuka, Bad is like going down an incline it is attained easily. “ by Yusuf Has Hacib, 11th century, from “Kutadgu Bilig” / “The Wisdom which Brings Happiness” Volume-2 Part-2, #903 (in Uyghur).
Performers on this recording:
Factory Seconds Trio
Jack Sutte, Bb trumpet
Jessie McCormick, French Horn
Rick Stout, trombone
Recorded April 2014, Baldwin Wallace Conservatory, Cleveland, OH.
MOVEMENTS START AT:
- “Dinlemeden anladık? Before listening, we understood?” 00:03
- “Rüzgar eken fırtına biçer. One who plants wind, harvests storm.” 02:12
- “Bu edgü ağış teg ağır agguka, Good is like climbing a steep road it is hard to attain,” 04:08
Esin Gunduz is a new music composer and a vocal performer. Her work investigates the types of energy that exists between all beings, exploring these energies as sensory experiences and sound. In her works, the tessitura in human voices are transcribed into instrumentation and orchestration. The landscapes built from recorded-voices surround the instruments and inspires awe. — https://esingunduz.com/