For composer, vocalist, and improviser Esin Gunduz sound originates in the body. She explores life’s energies as visceral sensory experience and sound, building landscapes of her own recorded-voice samples to surround acoustical instrumental textures, creating breathtaking acoustic vistas.
Ms. Gunduz has performed her works at the Banff Centre, on So Percussion’s “Brooklyn-Bound” Series, and at the Montreal Contemporary Music Lab. Among the performers who have championed her work are Ensemble Linea and mandolinist Avi Avital, as well as members of the Talea Ensemble and ICE, the International Contemporary Ensemble. Current projects include an electroacoustic ensemble piece based on Sumerian tablets and a multi-movement acoustical work exploring alchemical processes for voice, keys, and other hand-held instruments.
A researcher of vocal performance, Esin Gunduz is an adjunct professor of voice at Villa Maria College and holds a PhD in music composition from SUNY University at Buffalo. — esingunduz.com
Festivals / Residencies / Programs attended as a Composer:
- Banff Musicians in Residence Early Fall 2019, Canada
- Ensemble Evolution at the Banff Centre for the Arts and Creativity, Canada
- Montreal Contemporary Music Lab / Labo de musique contemporaine de Montréal, Canada
- (R)evolution Resonant Bodies at the Banff Centre for the Arts and Creativity, Canada
- Avaloch Farm Music Institute, United States
- SoundScape Festival, Italy
- Marshall University New Music Festival
- June in Buffalo, United States
- Klasik Keyifler, Turkey
Composition Masterclasses with: Liza Lim, George Lewis, Brian Ferneyhough, Raphaël Cendo, Yehudi Wyner, Augusta Read Thomas, Hilda Paredes, Andrea Young, Pamela Z, Brian Hulse, Sergio Nogueria, L. D. Butch Morris. Voice Masterclasses / Workshops with: Tony Arnold, Christine Schneider. Composition training with: David Felder, Mark Zanter, Selen Gulun. Vocal Training with: Nükhet Ruacan, Yıldız İbrahimova, Lea Centauri.
To request a full C.V., please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Esin Gunduz